Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) Concrete Scanning
The ability to determine the composition of concrete structures is crucial for safety and cost-efficiency. Ground Penetrating Radar is a cutting-edge technological solution for determining the presence of embedded objects in G.P.R scanning that offers a quick, easy and safe method for locating re-bars, electrical conduits, voids, post-tension cables and other obstructions before any cutting, drilling or grinding takes place.
What is GPR Scanning?
Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) is a technological method that uses high frequency radio waves that penetrate concrete and other surfaces to identify buried objects. These radio waves detect objects and obstructions such as re-bars, conduits, voids and post-tension cables, as well as provide exact thickness of the concrete.
This information is then relayed onto a computer screen to provide technicians with spatial placement and depth of the Embedded objects. Such information is essential in order to determine where work may proceed, and the areas that should be avoided. This technology not only provides valuable data to make the cutting process more effective and efficient, but also creates a safe environment for workers on the job-site.
What Are the Benefits of GPR Scanning?
- Fast and effective means of locating embedded objects.
- Accurate measurements of spatial placement and depth of possible embedded services.
- Non-destructive means of concrete inspection
- Quick, non-invasive technology, providing on-the-spot 3D mapping information in real time
- Can be safely used near sensitive equipment, such as those found in hospitals, nuclear plants, hydro-electric facilities, and so forth.
- Can be used to scan over other materials covering concrete without the need to remove valuable finishes.
Why Choose GPR Scanning Over X-Ray?
- No harmful radiation is emitted.
- Less time is required to scan for underlying objects.
- Scanning can be done without evacuation since there is no radiation exposure.
- Scans can be conducted during typical work hours while regular activities are taking place.
- On-the-spot information is given in real time, allowing for modifications of work if necessary resulting in a more efficient workflow.
- Re-scans can be done immediately
As G.P.R technology improves and becomes increasingly more efficient and innovative, The Conview Company will be at the forefront poised to take full advantage. We are also the first industry service provider to launch an in-house R&D lab dedicated to radar technology. Call now to speak to one of our sales team members or schedule an appointment.